So I'm trying to start a C++, OpenGL project on Visual Studio 2010, and I have put glut.h and glut32.dll in the project directory, along with the glut.dll and glut32.lib files in a folder named "glut" in the project directory.
I have also gone to "Porject Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional dependencies" and I have typed in "glut32.lib" at the end, and made sure I am not missing a semicolon.
when I try doing
in the Main.cpp file, it complains
error LNK1104: cannot open file 'glut32.libkernel32.lib'
Am I missing any files? What am I doing wrong here?
error LNK1104: cannot open file 'glut32.libkernel32.lib'
It looks like you're missing a separator character in your dependency options, glut32.lib and kernel32.lib are separate libraries. If you open the additional dependencies window, every entry should be on a new line.
the above mentioned features plus things I haven't considered yet Programming language is: C++. Currently, I'm developing under Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010, and OpenGL ES 2.0 emulator. Later...Say I develop a game for mobile platform running OpenGL ES 2.0. I have done 2D part, and now I wish to import some 3D objects. The imported 3D objects must contain the following: Vertices positions Normals UVs Texturing information Animation information Collision mesh Maybe some other things... I am aware, that I could and (maybe should) create my own file format that brings these data from
the console, but cannot run the actual game. Here is what I did: Downloaded the source code from the game repo Downloaded and installed the DirectX SDK Purchased, downloaded and installed Doom 3 from... installation path. This is the default command line arguments used to run the project from vstudio. +set fs_basepath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\doom 3" +set com_allowConsole 1 +set si... ------ Initializing File System ------ Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\doom 3\base\game00.pk4 with checksum 0x29cdb978 Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
I am using a plugin DLL that I created in Visual C++ Express 2010 on windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Edition. The DLL functions properly on the machine that it was originally created on. The problem is that the DLL is not functioning in the Unity3d Editor on another machine and giving an error that basically states that the DLL is missing some of its dependencies. The target machine is running Windows.... The Visual C++ Express 2010 project and solution file can be found here: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1F4pP7mRSiYMGU2YTJiNTUtOWJiMS00YTYzLThhYWQtMzNiOWJhZDU5M2M0&hl=en&authkey=CJSXhqgH
I am trying to get more experienced with Ogre 3D and I am following the basic tutorials on the website. All the code samples compile just fine. The first time I encountered an "error" was in Basic Tutorial 3. The code line where Visual Studio says something is not right is mTerrainGroup = OGRE_NEW Ogre::TerrainGroup(mSceneMgr, Ogre::Terrain::ALIGN_X_Z, 513, 12000.0f); Visual Studio compiles... the argument list" or if I mouse hover over Ogre::TerrainGlobalOptions() it says "Error: expected a type specifier I searched on Google but couldn't find my answer. I got about a year C++ experience
I have created an ogre application using the ogreappwizard. When I try to compile the solution I get an error saying that Parameter "basePath" cannot be a relative path.. I followed all of the instructions, and have tried reinstalling both the Ogre SDK and the appwizard. I am losing my head here. What is going on?
but something is breaking when it does tries to delete it. I don't know what the problem is. It seems to do this on other parts of my program that get strings from the file and place in std::string. I fixed those by just removing those entirely but this one cannot be removed it needs to exist. Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I'm using visual studio 11 dev preview, and using compiler vs100 (vs10's compiler) settings. dbgheap.c Line:1322 Expression: _CrtISValidHeapPointer(pUserData) also when i use debugger none of my vars from this function show up after the error.
I'm having some problems porting my D3D code to OpenGL ES. I have a Graphics Device class that encapsulates all rendering commands. The code below is in an ObjC++ file. The problem code is the called to get the render buffer width and height. It doesn't actually return any value in the w or h GLints. It should be noted that the code below is from an older iPhone project, and it works there. Am I missing something really stupid? Checking the framebuffer status returns a value of complete, since OpenGL ES seems quite happy to initialize a depth buffer with the garbage w and h values I pass
I'm developing some algorithms in Lua which are run mostly in Lua (few calls to C++) and I'm noticing a huge slowdown when I'm running them from my app rather than the default Lua interpreter. The script returns in about 11 seconds with the interpreter, and about 5+ minutes with my program. I don't think it is a problem with calling the C++ function, overruling that function with an empty function in the script has no noticeable effect for time. Both Lua and the program are compiled with Visual Studio 2010 (I created a new solution for Lua, with projects for both the interpreter and static
I'm trying to get a 2 pass post-processing system going in OpenGL in a cross-platform manor using FBOs. I'm starting the dev on mac OSX (since in the past I've found it the most finicky to get working of windows/linux/osx), I have a toggle to toggle between using the FBO(post-processing) and not. The shaders are working, but it seems the FBO didn't load the texture unit bound to it. The following...); glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLES, 0, 6); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0); } Tried everything I can think of or find in a FBO tutorial or have read about. I don't get any errors and it returns as complete